A 'False Encyclopaedia' double feature with Rudy Katoch, discussing:
Dior Fall/Winter 2013
Raf Simons fully understands the gravity of Derrida’s footnote. He plays with this idea lightly as he closes the show with three black silk memory dresses.
The re-evaluation of Dior has progressed. Raf Sander has found himself married to the ghosts of Dior and Schiaparelli, and to a certain degree, recovered from a traumatic change. Finding piece with his own past and the heritage of youth culture, altered towards surrealism. It's all about the (reversed) shoe, and Mr. Simons is running.
1. Dior Fall/Winter 2013
2. Nat Finkelstein Andy Warhol and Silver Clouds, 1966
3. Christian Dior Fall/Winter 1949
4. Andy Warhol Venus, 1984
5. Raf Simons Spring/Summer 1999
6. Elsa Schiaparelli Fall/Winter 1937
7. Christian Dior Fall/Winter 1974
8. Dior Fall/Winter 2013
More about Rudy Katoch